12 Hidden Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water
Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water - On this Page:
If you love the flavour of lemon juice as your beverage, you will soon start to appreciate more on this mix drink. Whether you use them in the form of juice, tea or dressing, you can take
the advantages of the benefits of this fruit.
Lemon is a strong antibacterial, antiviral, immune booster, digestive aid and liver cleanser.
It is a citrus fruit rich in vitamin C, it also contains vitamin B,
riboflavin and minerals like calcium, phosphorus, magnesium as well as
proteins and carbohydrates. Generally, lemon is consumed in the form of
juice or lemon water. If you are not used to drinking plain water, lemon water is an excellent alternative, it adds flavour to your drink and in the meantime provides enormous health benefits.
12 Natural Remedies of Drinking Lemon Water for Minor Ailments
If you are having some minor ailments, buy some lemon and add them to the water. Not only it is refreshing, it also helps in speeding up your recovery!
- Relieve digestion problems like bloating, heartburn, and constipation. With the aid of lemon water,
the bowels eliminate waste more efficiently. It also helps to digest
your foods and dissolve gallstones by helping your liver produces more
bile – a fluid secreted by liver and stored in the gallbladder, to
assist in the digestion of fats.
- Relieve fever, cold or flu. Add juice of 1 lemon to a cup of
hot water with honey and drink it. You can drink it for every 2 hours
until the fever or chills subsides.
- Help in removing blackhead, acne, and make your skin more radiant.
This is due to the vitamin C in lemon which can rejuvenate the skin
from within. Its alkaline nature kills some type of bacteria known to
cause acne. To remove acne, apply fresh lemon juice on acne part and
leave it overnight. Rinse it on the following morning.
- Natural remedy for sore throat. Lemon has an antibacterial
property. Thus, it is an excellent fruit that aids in fighting problems
related to infection. For sore throat, add the juice of 1 lemon and 1
teaspoon (5ml) of sea salt to 1 cup (250ml) of lukewarm water. Gargle 3
times a day to diminish the burning sensation.
- Help in respiratory problems and breathing problems such as asthma.
- Combat rheumatism and arthritis. Lemon has a powerful
alkaline effect in the body, and therefore a natural agent against
excess acid, which is in part responsible for rheumatism. Drink lemon
in lukewarm water 3 times a day and if you experience severe pain, add
the juice of 2 lemons 3 times a day.
- Help to control high blood pressure. Due to the high potassium content in lemon, lemon water helps in controlling high blood pressure, dizziness, nausea.
- Relax anxiety, combat fatigue. Lemon has calming effects.
- Good for weight loss. Add lemon to lukewarm water boosts metabolism.
- Assist in toothache by getting rid of the pain. The massage of lemon juice on gums can stop gum bleeding.
- Freshen up your breath after consuming certain alcohol, cigarettes or spices, or that is caused by insufficient salivation.
- Act as blood purifier. Drinking lemon water can help in the diseases like cholera or malaria.
Try to make use of the above 12 benefits of drinking lemon water. Since water plays a vital role in your body, dehydration can be dangerous and life threatening.
Benefits of Drinking Water
Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water